Is February to late to post a goals list? Asking for a friend. Trust me, if I don’t write it down it won’t happen. Even though I’ve made lists before and completely ignored them. But this time is different, I swear!
If you’re alive, you’ve probably seen goals posts out the wang this year. This list started out as a birthday goal list. The idea is to make a list of x number of items to complete before your next birthday. (x=your current age. #MATH) It gets tougher the older I get and I seem to put off big goals I have out of fear. For the last few years I’ve had the same few things on my list to complete, but after my 26th birthday I’m-seriously-getting-older-and-not-younger-what-am-I-going-to-do-with-my-life crisis I’m making strides to get these done. Like I talked about in one of my recent posts, I’m the most balanced I’ve ever been and arguably the most motivated. So lez do eet.
Start retirement fund
- Save an emergency fund
Save $700 cushion fund Get a credit card(See #27.)
- Finish decorating my apartment and be done
- Buy a new computer
- Budget an entire year and stick to it
- Start a band
- Redesign blog
- Travel to two new places
- Develop a core group of friends (wanna be friends?)
Get first tattoo Get a second tattoo
- Meditate more
Find a part time work from home gig
- Lose thirty pounds (I KNOW)
- Don’t dip into the negative. Ever. (already screwed this one up!)
- Love yourself more
- Keep your house as minimal as possible
- Visit fifteen Dallas spots on your list
- Mark off three bucket list items
- Wear sunscreen every day for a week
- Complete Whole 60!
- Go camping
- Take another friend vacation
- Be bold
- Pay off credit card every month
If I wanna be extra…
- Buy a bike!
- Learn to put on false eyelashes
- Buy good tennis shoes and start running again
- Paddle board or kayak on White Rock Lake
- Run a 5k without walking
The good news is I’ve already crossed off a decent amount! The bad news is some of these are abstract and can’t necessarily be measured in a year and some may seem like easy challenges. Like going camping? Easy. Getting a second tattoo? Done. Others are tough. Completing a Whole 60 instead of a Whole30 this go round is going to be difficult, but I can do it! Starting a band? Woof. I look forward to having a benchmark for myself to look back and see how I’ve improved. Crossing something off is the most satisfying thing to me!
Here’s to the next 325 days!